Living in the food capital of the world, I figure I should explore my options - a new restaurant (almost) every time I go out.
Saturday, April 30, 2011
berimbau (carmine at bedford/bleeker)
Brazilian food! And authentic too... I know this because I went with my friend from Brazil - most of the entree list were things that she makes for dinner! I started with a mango caipirinha which was delicious, although the original lime will always be the best. We got Pao de Queijo (which I had just tried for the first time the weekend before) which are little bread balls with cheese in the middle - but not a block of cheese like mozzarella sticks, it's more melted into the bread. I asked the waitress if I should get the Stroganoff or Bobo de Camarao and she said the Stroganoff was amazing; it was. But the best part - it's chicken in a creamy sauce with mushrooms and served with rice - topped with potato sticks!! This is apparently the traditional way, and I must say it made the whole dish, adding a little crunch and that saltiness. My friends got the picanha, and I'm pretty sure you can't go wrong with meat in a Brazilian place. It was an intimate, low-lit place with exposed brick, and great for hours of talking. They definitely have space to push some tables together for bigger party, but I would make a reservation no matter how many you're going with. http://www.berimbaunyc.com/
Labels:
brazilian
Location:
West Village, New York, NY, USA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment