This past Sunday I ventured across Central Park to go to brunch at Calle Ocho in the Upper West Side. The draw, of course, was the all-you-can-drink sangria bar, but the food was delicious, too! They try to slow down your drinking by not allowing double-fisting, plus you have to go up to the sangria table and wait in line every time you want to fill up. Still, the sangria flavors are delicious (tropical was my favorite for the white, and mulata for the red), and any motivated diner can certainly get their share :)
The treasure box of bread arrived with strawberry butter (meh), and since I HAD to try all the different types I was pretty full by the time my entree arrived! But back to the bread - there was a dense biscuit, a donut type deliciousness, chocolate chip rolls, and some other fried variety. As good as they were, next time I think I'll just stick to the light-colored biscuit-type to save room for food and sangria. As for the Pollo Ranchero, I'll say it was good! The scrambled eggs on top weren't spectacular, but as a whole the dish was great.
A great brunch with friends - and it didn't hurt that it was finally a sunny, warm spring day! (but no outside seating)
No comments:
Post a Comment