Friday, July 15, 2011

Pepe Giallo (10th ave at 25th st)

Written on the wall at Pepe Giallo is, "no diet coke, no decaf, no skim milk, just good food". That's when you know it's authentic, fresh, good food.

I went there with some colleagues for lunch on a beautiful day, and we got to sit in the outdoor garden in the back. It's adorable - actually the reason we picked the place is because it's on the Food Network's Dining Guide list for outdoor seating. We all split a salad of avocado, tomato, hearts of palm, and shaved cheese: it was not your typical salad, and it was super tasty. Then I got papardelle with sausage and spicy tomato sauce. The tomato sauce was not spicy... but overall it was good. Huge portions of course, and I was stuffed.

In general, I've had better Italian, but the atmosphere there was so perfect. I also got a good olive oil idea: they put crushed garlic and rosemary IN the bottle to flavor it. I think I'll get one of those little olive oil bottles and do that at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment