Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pierre Loti (15th st between 7th/8th aves)

This Turkish wine bar, right near my work, is the perfect place to have some good wine, eat a little food, and talk for hours. The wine selection is great, and Pierre Loti does have a few Turkish wines worth trying, as well as an extensive selection of others. I started with a glass of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc; it was good, with very strong flavors. I think we got a bottle of Chardonnay next (I was with some white-wine drinkers) which was also delicious.

The original plan was to just grab a drink... but obviously we needed to get some food in our stomachs! Instead of ordering entrees, we sort of did a tapas-style Turkish meal. Lebni, zucchini walnut pancakes, and the bulgur patties. It was all very good, with an endless supply of pita for dipping.

The atmosphere is very low key - no loud music causing you to scream to hear each other. Low lighting, helpful waiters, and a good menu of options (without being overwhelming). This place could accommodate just a table for two, or even larger groups. It's basically a bench along the walls, with tables and then chairs opposite the bench - great for adjusting for a larger group. I would definitely recommend this place; a cozy wine bar with a Turkish twist, no long wait, and great atmosphere for a date or catching up with a few friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment