Our poor waiter was having his test run... he poured us like a tablespoon of olive oil for bread for 4 people, he broke a glass at someone else's table, refilled our water like once (ok maybe twice), and other than that was perfect. We got exactly what we ordered and it was great - poor guy was super nervous, but so nice! At Vespa we got a delectable bottle of Tempranillo (from 1994?); it was very very good. The owner came and served it to us, and he was a very chatty, funny, pleasant, Italian man.
And then I ordered the cavatelli with pancetta, radicchio, and pecorino. It was creamy, hearty, sharp, and had a nice crunch from the radicchio. So delicious. I hadn't had anything that heavy for a long time, so I was a bit uncomfortable from being so full (maybe I shouldn't have finished it?) but it was worth it. A good Italian experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment