Stop #2 for our around the world dinners: Vietnam. A friend of a friend suggested Omai, and the food there very good. We went a little on the early side, so it was kind of empty when we first got there, but it was certainly packed when we left!
This group likes to do a lot of food sharing, so we started with a number of appetizers: grilled eggplant, crispy spring rolls, lemongrass beef rolls, and something else that was almost quesadilla-like with chicken, but Vietnamese flavors. Everything came with a sweet/sour sauce that had a little kick to it, and it was all very good. I haven't noticed many Vietnamese restaurants around, and I would definitely recommend this place to someone in search of good Vietnamese food.
For my main entree I got stir-fried egg noodles (vegetable) that comes with a few peanuts and a chili lime sauce. This meal is something I ate a lot of while I was traveling in southeast Asia, so I thought it would be a good point of comparison. It definitely passed! Unfortunately they didn't have all the dishes I ate over in Vietnam - like beef with pineapple - but Omai did capture the flavors of that country, and the menu even includes a few up-scale options, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment