Friday, December 9, 2011

Penelope (Lexington at 30th st)


I've had this place recommended to me many times, and always for brunch. However, I'm also told there's always a two-hour wait for brunch, so when I took a Friday off to visit with a friend that was in town, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to try out such a popular place. While we didn't get the brunch menu with the famous Nutella french toast, we had the best lunch EVER at Penelope.

My friend had the chicken club sandwich, and my thought was that a chicken club can only be so good. But she has had many a chicken club, and insisted it was the best. I had no choice but to believe her, especially give the amazing-ness of my dish!! I had the arugula with chicken meatballs. It was to die for.



Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

I loved it and would go back and get the exact same thing every week. Somehow they perfectly cooked these huge, moist chicken meatballs, that were full of flavor, and served 2 of them along side a bed of arugula with Pecorino cheese. People always put meatballs with pasta... but never again. It was the perfect match of heavy and light, and I didn't think two would be enough - but it was perfect. I finished every last bite and was in a heavenly stupor of amazement the rest of the day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment