This place is really good! I think that's a theme... I seem to like most everywhere I go. Some are only "meh" though, and a few really stand out. This place I would go back to / recommend to someone who was looking for a place to eat in the area.
We got to Cask before happy hour ended at 8, so I ordered the St. Murray because it has St. Germain in it; yum. It is a bit sour in case you don't like that, but if you do, it's delicious! They have a whole list of other very good-looking cocktails as well. The place was actually quite crowded with an after-work crowd. Lots of people grabbing drinks, and the wait when we got there was about an hour! Good thing we had a reservation :)
They start you off with a soft little loaf of bread and olive oil. Then I ordered the Prosciutto Flatbread that had fig jam, brie cheese, and arugula on it (and prosciutto of course). I really enjoyed it with the mixture of sweet, salty, creamy, and crunch. My friends also like their meals and the portions were good!
The place has a pretty cool ambiance - low lighting, very homey feel with wooden shelving and tables. They also had greenery (garlands?) everywhere that was intertwined with the soft (aka old school, not LED) xmas lights. It was was beautiful and added to the feel of the place!
No comments:
Post a Comment