Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Maz Mescal (86th btw 1st and 2nd aves)

There's a lot of Mexican food around, and Maz Mescal is one of many great selections. The 3 dips that come with the chips are actually REALLY good - a fresh salsa, a sweet one, and a spicy green one. The servers are very nice, and attentive. I like that the plates weren't drowning in rice and beans, too - just enough. I had the flautas, and the chorizo and beef ones were good. The chicken was a little dry, but I just dipped that one in the above-mentioned salsas and problem solved, ha! Also, I always wanted to go there because there are always lots of people eating outside; of course the day I go it's raining, but I found out the inside is HUGE. I had no idea it was such a big place.

I didn't try the margaritas - maybe I'll have to go another time to try them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment